Subcutaneous Mast Cell Tumour

She's becoming much brighter as the day goes on. Just had shopping delivered and she followed me around the house as I put it away. She hasn't had a wee or a poo today though, despite encouraging her into the garden. She just doesn't seem to want to go.
 
Oh gosh I worried whenI I read your first post...your second was a relief! I'd be worried too if she didn't move at all, even though it's possible the new meds she's on are keeping her more quiet. I'm very glad to hear she's moving a bit! Rest is needed for healing though so that's good too.

Never worry about being a neurotic dog mom here; you're in good company! I always question should I "bother" the vet or not, but my mantra is trust your instincts. If it doesn't seem right, call. In the meantime, we're all here for you! Gentle pats to Grace.
 
That first post worried me to! Glad to hear she’s up and moving around now and a bit happier but I’d feel better if she had a pee and poop...it’s possible that she’s still in pain and is waiting until she REALLY has to go. I agree too to trust your gut..don’t worry about calling the vet and having him think your a neurotic dog owner, I’m pretty sure he’d think your a dog owner who cares about her dog. Maybe call the vet and ask if it’s normal? My vet wouldn’t mind answering my questions...I honestly think my vet cares about them just as much as I do.
 
Thank you Piper's mom. I've just taken Grace out the back gate to a square of grass. It's about 100ft from our house. I know I'm not supposed to walk her, but it wasn't too far and hoping it was the right choice. She found a smell as I hoped and had to mark it as I hoped and once she started she couldn't stop. Bless her. No poop, but I'm happy to wait for our follow-up appointment tomorrow morning. Hubby has also popped out and bought some puppy pads for the kitchen. I'm not sure if that's the right thing to do, but it may help overnight, if she remembers what to do with them.

Once again, this place is a blessing. Thank you for listening to my rambles. I feel exhausted, today but coming here is so good for the soul.
 
Phew, glad to see she's perked up. Some of the meds may indeed be making her dozy. I know I'm a lightweight myself with any kind of narcotic - almost passed out in my cereal bowl one morning after taking pain meds after my arthroscopic knee surgery a few years ago.

Good thinking to take her to the outside grass area. I don't worry as much about them pooping, but holding a big bladder of urine is definitely not good for them, the last thing you need now is a UTI.

I know what you mean about the vet; I often agonize about pestering them but I do have a wonderful relationship with my primary vet. Unfortunately she only works part time so she's not always there.

Glad we can all help support you. It's what we do! :yes:
 
Good morning all! Well this morning Grace was bright and alert happy to greet me scoffed her food. So I am much happier. We had a fight to get the tablets down her this morning. Usually we wrap them in chicken and she swallows the lot without blinking. But she's got wind of the tablets in the chicken and although she takes the whole lot in her mouth, she then dropped it out onto the floor, picked up a corner and shook it until the tablet fell out then she ate it. After three attempts which she was thoroughly enjoying, we resorted to open wide and drop it down the back of her throat. She wasn't impressed. :ROFLMAO: My only concern this morning is that when she got up her back end was visibly wet, like she had leaked urine without realising. I let her into the garden and she had a proper wee and poo so that is good news.

Vet check-up visit this morning. I have lots to report. :)
 
Back
Top