Subcutaneous Mast Cell Tumour

I am so happy to read how well Grace is progressing! You know if she's feisty enough to figure out pill disposal that she's feeling better LOL. And great news about the clean margins! Hopefully the rest of the results will be as good and all she will have to do is heal. You and Grace have been through the wringer and I hope now she can recover and get back to her wonderful life with you and her kitty. :yes:

Yes, Hanne, we love having you with us here on the Forum...you are a treasured member and I love your persistence in interpreting our messages no matter how long or complicated! :hugs
 
What a lot you both have been through. Scary post, but then happy posts! Great to see a pic of Grace and Merlin! Hope her recovery keeps progressing. GREAT news on the margins!!!!

Not really 'good' for a dog, but if mine can figure out pills squished into cheese, I resort to a small blob of peanut butter to coat whatever in. They seem to be so interested in the peanut butter that they ignore the pill. There are also those Kong squirt cans of flavored stuff.
 
Thank you for all the lovely replies and support. I agree, Hanne is a great asset here and I've read many of your posts, Hanne over the last few days.

This morning we tried the melted cheese around the tablet. Nope. Not even opening her mouth for that one. I even rubbed it around her teeth, but she just looked at me and said 'you're having a laugh mum, if you think I'm going to fall for that.' We resorted to prising the jaws apart and dropping down the throat again. She then had chicken after too. So now she's had cheese and chicken, the little monkey.

Grace was damp round her back legs again this morning, so I figure a little leakage again, although no puddles. I'm hoping this will settle but will keep an eye on it.

Otherwise Grace is totally back to her normal self behaviour wise. Tail wags, pricked ears, guard duty, rolling on her back with legs akimbo. She's such a lady.

This is Grace on guard duty at the door to our pen.2021-04-02 14.54.10.jpg
 
We have the same pill issue with our Panda...he can smell out a pill no matter what we wrap it in...even really stinky liverwurst! Finally I found a method that works like a charm. I take the pill and surround it with some slippery wet dog food...I use Wellness Turkey which is just mushy ground up turkey...put the pill in a small glob of the turkey made into a ball...and hold Panda upside down in my arms and let him relax and when he opens his mouth I drop in it and he swallows. This takes the stress out of forcing a pill down his throat which I hate doing and he now takes any pill happily while lounging upside down! :ROFLMAO: So far he swallows the turkey ball so fast that he obviously hasn't figured out it contains a pill or even been able to taste the pill.

It is so great to hear that Grace is back to her normal self...and a good sign that things may be looking up for that final dx. She has such a beautiful sweet expression...what a love.

Trini
 
Last edited:
Oh gosh she really is a little monkey. Pretty good gig to wangle cheese and chicken out of your mom! I love your report, she really is on the mend, and that was a BIG surgery. I love that photo, she does look meltingly sweet. So glad she's feeling better.
 
What a cute picture of Grace, I’m ecstatic she’s feeling so much better...such great news! Some of our dogs are just too darned smart and catch on too fast on the pill in the food! I like Trini’s method of the canned food but don’t think mine would allow to be tipped upside down lol.
 
So sorry Gracesmum for breaking into your Grace thread :hide

But I am so touched by all the sweet messages
that I absolutely completely, unexpectedly have received :wink2:

I am completely touched - yes, I do not know at all what to say
besides thank you, thank you all ❤️ ❤️

Yes, my crazy English is a world in itself,
but thank you for trying to understand it :biggrin2:

It takes a "war" to write a post, but my heart beats for those dogs :hugs

Fortunately, Minnie is a great help, with her knowledge,
and her English - I think she has American ancestry. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
 
Back
Top