Subcutaneous Mast Cell Tumour

We had a very good check up today. Stitches look good. Incontinence probably due to urine retention from yesterday and should right itself over next 24hours. She is bright and alert and bordering on bouncy. And the best news. The pathology came back on the removal on Friday. They got clean margins. Still waiting on the liver biopsy and the Ki67 but this is a very good start. Vet says there may be stray cells so I'm thinking she wants chemo, but we are going to wait on the other results first.

I'm so happy I could cry.
 
We had a very good check up today. Stitches look good. Incontinence probably due to urine retention from yesterday and should right itself over next 24hours. She is bright and alert and bordering on bouncy. And the best news. The pathology came back on the removal on Friday. They got clean margins. Still waiting on the liver biopsy and the Ki67 but this is a very good start. Vet says there may be stray cells so I'm thinking she wants chemo, but we are going to wait on the other results first.

I'm so happy I could cry.
:):):):)Happy tears here for you and Grace...really good news so far and fingers crossed you get equally good news on the Ki67 results! Grace and her kitty pal looks so peaceful snoozing on the carpet. What is kitty's name?
Trini
 
Unfortunately, I have seen your post now - or maybe fortunately
- what a roller coaster ride you and Grace have been through
- happy to read the whole thread at once,
so I can now read that Grace is feeling better :fl

Yes, SN is a fantastic forum - and not enough
here are some members with a huge knowledge
- but here is really an honest compassion and comfort :hugs

SN has enriched Minnie´s and my life for almost 7 years
- I am deeply grateful :yes:
 
Good update...happy to hear that Grace was perkier this morning! Not good when they wise up to the pills...that’s when we have to try to be more inventive lol. Finnie and Piper like cheese slices and I’d soften the cheese a bit (less than 5 seconds in microwave or leave on counter for a bit) and I could smush the cheese around the pills so they’d just swallow it down, would work too with a soft cheddar or even a canned ham like klik. Sneaky dogs just get more meat lol.
Hopefully you get good news and have a good vet visit!
 
YES! I've got tears in my eyes too, but what a positive start with clean margins. Grace is sounding markedly improved, I too think the urine leakage is temporary as a perhaps over-full bladder. I second the melted cheese for the pills that usually works for us. I think others have tried with peanut butter. I had to laugh at Grace's approach to getting rid of the pills in the chicken - man these pups are smart! As a former vet tech though I have no problems manually administering the pills if I have to!

Continued fingers toes and paws crossed here for good news from biopsy!

PS We also have a tuxedo kitty who is looooong (part Maine Coon we think) 17 years old, he's lived through 6 of our 7 lifetime Shelties!
 
Unfortunately, I have seen your post now - or maybe fortunately
- what a roller coaster ride you and Grace have been through
- happy to read the whole thread at once,
so I can now read that Grace is feeling better :fl

Yes, SN is a fantastic forum - and not enough
here are some members with a huge knowledge
- but here is really an honest compassion and comfort :hugs

SN has enriched Minnie´s and my life for almost 7 years
- I am deeply grateful :yes:

You give as good as you get, Hanne! We're all happy you are on the forums as well. :hugs
 
Back
Top