Westminster Kennel Club

Add Bailey to the group of proud relatives!

BarbV wrote:
And I'm especially happy for Jesstar Affirmation - and least of some of Bacca's parentage is playing out!

Affirmation's Sire was Bacca's grandsire (Laureate Landslide)
Affirmation's Grandsire was Bacca's Great-great grandsire (MacDega Sausilito)

I'm so proud! Too bad Bacca didn't inherit the right genes! :rolleyes2::razz:

It's kinda like being related to royalty

My reply:
I have to smile--my sentiments too! Laureate Landslide, Affirmations's dad, is Bailey's grandpa (on her dad's side) and Willow Cove's Wild Card, Affirmation's grandpa, is Bailey's grandpa (on her mom's side). So....I'm feeling quite connected to the new sheltie champion of Westminster. :wink2:

p.s. I'm still learning how to post comments--I haven't figured out how to do the blue quote thing??
 
BarbV wrote:
And I'm especially happy for Jesstar Affirmation - and least of some of Bacca's parentage is playing out!

Affirmation's Sire was Bacca's grandsire (Laureate Landslide)
Affirmation's Grandsire was Bacca's Great-great grandsire (MacDega Sausilito)

I'm so proud! Too bad Bacca didn't inherit the right genes! :rolleyes2::razz:

It's kinda like being related to royalty

My reply:
I have to smile--my sentiments too! Laureate Landslide, Affirmations's dad, is Bailey's grandpa (on her dad's side) and Willow Cove's Wild Card, Affirmation's grandpa, is Bailey's grandpa (on her mom's side). So....I'm feeling quite connected to the new sheltie champion of Westminster. :wink2:

p.s. I'm still learning how to post comments--I haven't figured out how to do the blue quote thing??

We are quite the little incestuous world aren't we! P.S. How are Bailey's ears - prick or hound or nicely tipped?

You quote in Blue by clicking at the bottom right of the specific post you want to respond to - using the "Quote" button. If you don't see the Quote button then there is something wrong.
 
We are quite the little incestuous world aren't we! P.S. How are Bailey's ears - prick or hound or nicely tipped?

You quote in Blue by clicking at the bottom right of the specific post you want to respond to - using the "Quote" button. If you don't see the Quote button then there is something wrong.

Let's see if this works--thanks for the tip!
I'd rather refer to it as a "close knit family ties" :wink2:
And Bailey's ears are nicely tipped, thanks to Karen and Connie's efforts (not mine!). Connie fixed them a second time-- when we saw her at a dog show here in Maine-- to make sure they would turn out just right.
 
Let's see if this works--thanks for the tip!
I'd rather refer to it as a "close knit family ties" :wink2:
And Bailey's ears are nicely tipped, thanks to Karen and Connie's efforts (not mine!). Connie fixed them a second time-- when we saw her at a dog show here in Maine-- to make sure they would turn out just right.

Connie is an ear godsend...she showed me how to do ears with the Japenese tape when I was having problems getting my first show girls ears right! She is such a great asset to the breed :)
 
Connie is an ear godsend...she showed me how to do ears with the Japenese tape when I was having problems getting my first show girls ears right! She is such a great asset to the breed :)

Does Connie do site visits? As Bacca is one her pups relatives, I think she should come up and do his ears for free! For pride of the pedigree, of course!

She wouldn't want to be embarassed by Bacca would she? What if I posted his silly ears all over the internet!? Yes, this hound dog is related to the BIS in F2009 Westminister! :razz:
 
actually I am fortunate enough to live about 3hours from connie and see her at the shows :) She doesnt have laureate dogs directly she has kind of a side branch off of them...related but to the side (does that make sense)? She has shelhaven which has laureate dogs and she breeds with cindahope.
 
The general consensus among the press corps was that the economy kept people traveling from distances away this year. I believe the entry deadline for eligible dogs is in December, so whether you are sure you want to go or not, you have to enter your dog by the deadline. Between then and February, circumstances for the dog or the owner can change, and the dog withdrawn--hence, marked in the program as "absent". With lodging in NY at astronomical levels, I think some people opted to skip this year. We also heard that ticket sales fell off this year...usually the Garden is sold out. This year, that was not the case.

ok, I read one of the articles about the spaniel who won and the handler said that he decided to enter 5 days before the show? I had thought that it was set up way in advance and the dog had to be in so many shows, win so many, etc and be invited? am I just confused about how it works? :confused2:
 
Entries for Westminster closed December 5, and the rules clearly state that no entry will be accepted after that date. I can only assume that, like other people, Stump was entered in December but his owner didn't decide to actually take him until the week before the show. This is not uncommon...owners will enter their dogs in shows so they have a place, but things can happen. Dogs blow coat or get sick, owners have conflicts, etc., and they don't end up coming.

If you're interested in reading more about the specifics, here's the description on the WKC site that explains the entry process:
http://www.westminsterkennelclub.org/2009/show/entry.html
 
Forgot to answer your question about dogs being invited. The top five dogs in each breed receive invitations to enter from Westminster. The rest of the places are chosen by lottery from all the entries received, but must be AKC Champions of record.
 
Back
Top