Westminster Kennel Club

no video yet

Hi Barb,
I've been checking the Westminster website and so far, they haven't put up the Sheltie video. So...you haven't missed anything (yet). Are you able to get the USA network or CNBC? I think the later segment on CNBC will be the one with the herding group on it. Have you peeked to find out who won the sheltie breed yet?
 
Conflict?

Ok, I'm watching the show, but one thing is bugging me. What do they mean by conflict of interest. There were two dogs sent out in the terrier group because of it.

Can't wait for the Shelties!
 
Pattie...the Sheltie video and any others not up tonight should be up tomorrow, so check back then. I don't know why it takes longer for them to post some videos.

Rachel, the judge who had a conflict of interest had worked with the handlers showing in Group previously. Ethically, he had to declare that and I assume the owners/handlers knew that but wanted the honor of winning their breed and showing at Westminster. What I don't understand, and perhaps some of our show people can explain, is why the owners didn't have a fallback handler on tap so the dog could show in Group.

Waiting with baited breath to see how the Sheltie does in the Group judging going on now....
 
No Spoilers!

Don't give the BIS result -- I don't have cable, and I have to wait for them to send the DVD!!! :eek2:
 
Ok, I'm watching the show, but one thing is bugging me. What do they mean by conflict of interest. There were two dogs sent out in the terrier group because of it.

Can't wait for the Shelties!
The airdale's handler took over the judges buisness and the cairn was born at the judges house and shown a few times by the judge.
 
Thanks for letting me know..I was there and noone could figure out why they were excused!! It was the mumor of the garden!
OK OK it was the most amazing experience ever!!!!! I had the best seats ever!! I was sitting next to Uno's owner, the 13" beagle BOB , the group winning poodles owner was behind us and the Pulik owner sat in front of us. The people made it phenomial to say the least!
The BOB sheltie is my molly's half brother (didnt know he was showing) so that made it very exciting! HE is JUST like her in personality and attitude it was funny to see...hes just as stubborn as her its either his way or no way!:lol: I just downloaded my pictures I took over 170:eek2: and there were points where I was too lazy to take pictures so I could have taken more!!
The crowds when were got there were crazy in the benching area (and it was hot) you could not make your way though the area...we walked around on the floor a bit and watched some groups. We had great seats for sheltie judging! After the shelties finished we went back to the benching area and surprisingly enough the crowds thinned out. it was not too bad.
It was interesting to watch them transform the floor into the group ring and seeing the media get ready!
We ended up getting in at 3:30 this morning....im :dead: I tried to explain to the dogs at 7am that Ive only been sleeping for 3 hours but they didnt want to hear it!:smile2:
 
Me and my 2 year old just watched the sheltie video. They all were so beautiful! But how come all the sheltie colors weren't there?
 
Hi Barb,
I've been checking the Westminster website and so far, they haven't put up the Sheltie video. So...you haven't missed anything (yet). Are you able to get the USA network or CNBC? I think the later segment on CNBC will be the one with the herding group on it. Have you peeked to find out who won the sheltie breed yet?

They finally loaded it and yes opened it up to all viewers.

The annoying thing is that they didn't show the final placement. So now I have to figure out which dog is which!

Too bad about the Group results. :(
 
The BoB was the last dog in line when they pan the opening, Barb, handled by a slender girl in a black suit with a long brown ponytail. He looks like a mahogany sable. Best Opposite was a merle, but I'm not sure which one. It does stink that they didn't show the placements on the video.

Also, there were 14 entered but about 6 were absent, including last year's winner, so the field was only 8. You can get the full entry list on the Westminster site as well.
 
The BoB was the last dog in line when they pan the opening, Barb, handled by a slender girl in a black suit with a long brown ponytail. He looks like a mahogany sable. Best Opposite was a merle, but I'm not sure which one. It does stink that they didn't show the placements on the video.

Also, there were 14 entered but about 6 were absent, including last year's winner, so the field was only 8. You can get the full entry list on the Westminster site as well.

I noticed the absentees - including Rabbit Run!

I'm going to go back to the winner's list, jot down the numbers and rewatch the video.

Thx!
 
Back
Top