Are You Obsessed with Your Sheltie?

Passionate, yes; silly, no. I don't dress her up in little tutus (ok, maybe at halloween)

:uhoh: Did somebody say they didn't dress their dogs up in silly little costumes except at Halloween?


LOOK AWAY! LOOK AWAY!

http://twosheltiesandafatchick.shutterfly.com/smuff/5

I am also guilty of:
bandanas
pumpkin costumes
Christmas dresses
Christmas collars
hot dog costume
sombreros
Halloween collars
Easter tie


I am sure there are more offenses, but I can't think of any at the moment.
 
Ummm, lemee see. When we're out to dinner and we have to go home early because we want to see the dogs, does that count???

Or how about staying at a different hotel from everyone else for our son's wedding so the dogs can come? (Well, they also make a good excuse to get away from it all!!)

Or only traveling to places that are dog friendly....

OK, OK, I will admit to the "O" word! :uhoh:
 
Um I just came home from 2.5 hrs of obedience class with my 3 shelties. Stopped to check the sheltie forum and in an hour I going to leave to drive 1 hr for 2hrs of agility classes than drive 1hr home. No I'm not obsessed.:rolleyes2: I do like the word passionate better though. :smile2:
 
Hmm...

When I bought my house I chose to stay in an area where I could have the most land for my buck...and for optimal running space for Whisk. :uhoh:

I also schedule my classes to get the most down time with the pups.

And then just little things like weekends full of Rally prep classes and puppy classes...nahh not obsessed...

Passionate :biggrin2:
 
Well, I was about to say that no, I am definitely not obsessed. That I know where to draw the line. That sometimes I look at the dogs and think "I really should groom you, but I think I'll finish this book instead"....but then I read Shelli's and Ann's responses and said to self: "Self? I think that's you too!" Yes, I go rushing home if I'm late leaving work because the dogs had to wait an extra 45 minutes to get supper.

And then I remembered all my Favourites bookmarked for Online Sheltie shopping.....I don't have any Favourites bookmarked for online shopping for ME!

And then I finally remembered my over 6,000 posts on Sheltie Forums.....

So, yeah, ok! I'm obsessed!
 
Passionate, yes

Silly, no

Obsessed, walking a fine line.

We plan our days around the pup.
We own a canoe rather than bicycles because McKinley can ride in the canoe and not keep up with a bike
We tend to plan our vacations so that McKinley can go with us.

Oh and we attend picnics with our online sheltie friends and blow off the nephew's birthday party! :eek2:
 
There are worse things to be obsessed with!

Yes I am obsessed, but not to their or anyone's detriment, and its my life and it makes me happy.
 
There are worse things to be obsessed with!

Yes I am obsessed, but not to their or anyone's detriment, and its my life and it makes me happy.

What you said!!
Me too. as long as it is not to the dogs detriment.. like being stuffed into a purse, I am not treating my dog as an accessory.. but other than that... yeah I am a little obsessed :biggrin2:

My work is putting in a float in the gay pride parade this year (YAY) I am volunteering helping making it happen, etc etc... SO today one of senior management discusses all we have, what she had done, what still needs to be done, etc etc... all I was saying to her: "I think I will bring my dog to with me in the parade... wonder if I can get the banks gay pride logo on a dogshirt in time?"
LOL
wrong response much?
LOL
 
How about "Passionately Obsessed!":winkgrin: I don't dress him up, but he plays a huge part in how I decide to spend my day. He isn't my world, but he sure as heck makes my world better!!
 
Back
Top