Diarrhea: Go to vet or wait it out?

I honestly can't say if Miko got some good rest. Unfortunately, I didn't hear him wake up (I was out cold this time) and he had diarrhea again and of course, walked in it. Someone got a bath this morning. He's now eating his breakfast. Then I'll blow dry him a bit so he's not cold.

On the upside, just this one instant of diarrhea. On the downside, poor old man probably is very tired. Hopefully he'll be more regular with the medication, instead of pooping at any time because I'd like him to rest.

The sucky part? I need to run a ton of errands that I was supposed to do yesterday. Not sure I'll get to them as I don't want Miko to poop then walk all over it. Ugh. Keeping a close eye on him like this is tiring. It's worse than puppy watch.

DAMMIT KOJI!!! He at Miko's breakfast. I guess my stupid gate isn't closing right. So now the question is.....do I assume Koji at the pill? Or do I assume Miko ate the pill? Or do I give Miko another dosage? UGH!
 
DAMMIT KOJI!!! He at Miko's breakfast. I guess my stupid gate isn't closing right. So now the question is.....do I assume Koji at the pill? Or do I assume Miko ate the pill? Or do I give Miko another dosage? UGH!

Unless you know for sure a double dose is safe (maybe call the vet), I'd just wait until the next scheduled dose to give him the pill.
 
Unless you know for sure a double dose is safe (maybe call the vet), I'd just wait until the next scheduled dose to give him the pill.

I called the vet. He felt I shouldn't give a second dose (just in case), so I'll wait until his dinner to give him his next dose. Let's hope he got his pill and that Koji didn't eat it.

Miko is sleeping once again. While I was drying and brushing him, he fell asleep. Isn't he adorable? He's so fluffy again. Granted, I know that when they're clean, poop seems to stick more to their fur because it's fluffier. :(

I'm ready for a nap myself.
 
Just catching up, all positive thoughts for Miko he is improving by the minute.

Miko is a cutie.
 
I felt like a hooman mom who has to nap when the baby naps. Surprisingly, and sadly, Miko slept from about 11:30-5ish. He was out. I'm just waiting for him to explode. He looks pretty though.

Here's a photo of Miko when I got home....for the 4th time.

You saw the other photo right? He was basically horizontal head towards the left (west). I'd go out and come back and he'd be facing "northwest". I went out, came home, he was facing north. Again, and he was facing southeast. Last time I came back, he was facing south and pawing at the ground, trying to get up, and ended up like the photo above, coming back around to east. Oh, my old man is now a sundial. LOL

I'm basically waiting for him to explode again. He didn't eat too much of his breakfast and was really tired when I tried to give him more food (remember, Koji ate who knows how much). I'm going to try and give him about 2/3 of his food, see how hungry he is.

I feel bad for my mom. She's visiting me this weekend and well, I'll have to warn her, proceed with caution. Hehehe.

I have to admit, when I called the vet about the medication, I said, "I have two dogs, one ate it, but I'm not sure which one, the patient, or the food *****". After a bit, the lady said, "this is for Miko, right?". Wow. They're good. Then she said she was going to put a note in my file to follow up on Monday to see how he's doing. I'm glad I went with them. They have been super great. Giving me options, not pushing any of them, etc.

Again, thanks everyone. I have survived yet another senior moment. And here's Koji, whining at me. Jeez. I think he feels left out. Should I tell him he may get a bath? Hehehe.
 
Miko has been on his meds for 2.5 days now, should I see better results? His poop isn't as red, but still red; and it's a bit more formed, so not diarrhea; but still very soft. He is only pooping once a day now (vet said he will get plugged up if you will).

I'm just concerned that it's still very soft and bloody. Thoughts? I'm sure Miko is tired of getting half baths. Poor guy. At least he ate heartily last night for the first time. Was just too physically exhausted to finish.

Thoughts?
 
Back
Top