Goofy nicknames!?!

And not to forget the periodic "stinky".....only comes out every month or so, when one or the other of them has a dingleberry.

As soon as I say "Aw, Stinky", both dogs clamp their tails down flat to their buts and run away! :lol::lol:

Around here I get a similar reaction if I say "Ewww!" then with a dogs name following.
 
Ahh yes...nicknames.
Ya know, for people nicknames are usually SHORTER than the given names; with pets it seems to be the other way around for some reason!

You are so right!

Barb - I had to laugh, when I say 'prickles' I get the reverse, both dogs backing into me so I can do a prickle/grass seed seeking massage
 
Mya is ....sweets...brat...rocketdog and monkeydog

My dh calls her...sillydog, spuddlenik and spidlenik.

I understand 'silly dog' but I have no idea about the other two.
 
Comments on an 'oldie but goodie'!!

Over the last while I have been thinking that my family must be nuts because we have so many nicknames for our pets, so I decided to look back on SN to see if there was anything posted. I would like to thank one and all for making me feel great because either we're not nuts or we fit in well with nuts :lol: I am amazed at 1) how many others use nicknames, 2) have multiple nicknames for a single pet, and 3) have nicknames longer than the pets actual name!
It looks like;
Mikos aka Mickey, Mickey-Von-Winkle, Mikamus-Maximus, Mick-A-Roon,
Brie aka Breezy, Breezy-Ella, Breezincles, Sugar-Baby, Chubbs,
Jingle Pot aka JP, Petey, Princess Petey, Rat Dog, and
Smokey (cat) aka Fat-Boy, Fat-Man-Doo, Smokey-Pokey
are all in very company here!
This was a great thread to read, I really enjoyed all the creativity that abounds among sheltie owners:biggrin2:
 
Maggie: Princess (cause she was my 1st and she acts like one)
Sable: Pee Wee (she's the smallest)
Cody: My Big Boy (speaks for itsself)
Sadie: Devil Dog (she's meaner than ****)
 
We say the following a lot.. Big Girl(to a 4 lb puppy, she has lots of personality!) Ornery, Trouble, Diva, Yapper, Princess and many more that I can't think of right now..
 
Over the last while I have been thinking that my family must be nuts because we have so many nicknames for our pets, so I decided to look back on SN to see if there was anything posted. I would like to thank one and all for making me feel great because either we're not nuts or we fit in well with nuts :lol: I am amazed at 1) how many others use nicknames, 2) have multiple nicknames for a single pet, and 3) have nicknames longer than the pets actual name!
It looks like;
Mikos aka Mickey, Mickey-Von-Winkle, Mikamus-Maximus, Mick-A-Roon,
Brie aka Breezy, Breezy-Ella, Breezincles, Sugar-Baby, Chubbs,
Jingle Pot aka JP, Petey, Princess Petey, Rat Dog, and
Smokey (cat) aka Fat-Boy, Fat-Man-Doo, Smokey-Pokey
are all in very company here!
This was a great thread to read, I really enjoyed all the creativity that abounds among sheltie owners:biggrin2:

if you enjoyed this thread then you need to enjoy this one too:
http://www.sheltieforums.com/showthread.php?t=9203&highlight=nuts&page=3
 
Katie is "Her Sublime Sheltiness the Empress Katie", also munchkin, mommala (it's a Yiddish thing that means little mommy), Diva, Grumbles (she's a master at "growlspeak"), Honeybunny, Sweet Pea.
Laddie is Casanova Sheltie Man Love Stud Muffin (even though he's been "snipped"), Sheltie Man, One-eyed Cookie Thief, The Boy, The Man, Cutie Pie and Sweetie.

____________________________________
Rob
Katie - 14 y/o Diva
Laddie - 5 y/o One-Eyed Cookie Thief
 
Back
Top