NorthEast Meet Up 6/26/10

R U taking your car :-) It is gorgeous and probably draws attention.

LOL thanks! Yes we're taking my car. I've never had a problem driving in NY or NJ, but I know in some other states, they will immediately pull you over for tints (which I have) or even driving 5 mph over the speed limit (which I usually do). So, just wondering if I should be extra cautious.
 
LOL thanks! Yes we're taking my car. I've never had a problem driving in NY or NJ, but I know in some other states, they will immediately pull you over for tints (which I have) or even driving 5 mph over the speed limit (which I usually do). So, just wondering if I should be extra cautious.

I will be driving my husband's car (he's away) which has dark tints, a spoiler, and is red, so I know what you mean but I haven't had any trouble driving it so far. CT is funny. If you go the speed limit or 5mph over you'll be in the right lane!! I typically drive in the right or center lane, look down to realize I'm going 70 and cars are still flying past me :eek2: So, you should be fine, just don't stay in the left lane & fly past everyone. That being said, keep an eye out for staties camped out on the side of the road (should be good within 5mph of limit). Are you taking 95 the whole way or the Hutch/Merritt (watch for dear)? (I drive to LI a lot to visit family)
 
I will be driving my husband's car (he's away) which has dark tints, a spoiler, and is red, so I know what you mean but I haven't had any trouble driving it so far. CT is funny. If you go the speed limit or 5mph over you'll be in the right lane!! I typically drive in the right or center lane, look down to realize I'm going 70 and cars are still flying past me :eek2: So, you should be fine, just don't stay in the left lane & fly past everyone. That being said, keep an eye out for staties camped out on the side of the road (should be good within 5mph of limit). Are you taking 95 the whole way or the Hutch/Merritt (watch for dear)? (I drive to LI a lot to visit family)

thanks for the tips! What color r the cops cars up there? Looks like directions say I95 for for 96 miles :eek2:
 
Northeast Get Together

Well you are getting off Exit 72 wich is the Rocky Neck State Park exit and you will going through my town of Niantic and the cops cars are Navy Blue and when you go thru town they are all over the place so watch the speed thru town as it is a beach town. Waterford Cops cars are white.This is going to be so much fun.
 
But I have seen gray police cars as well. We drive pokey anymore since we have left Atlanta, so I tend not to know what they pick you up for. Just be careful.

Lightplum, Ron can take McKinley and I can take Noah, Six or Tucker if you want to bring a third puppers! If you are comfortable with that, I could be too.

True, true, too much to do with cooking, talking and watching pups to try and post at the same time. It is the female in me, I think a can do a dozen things at one time and then...............realize I have over extended.:rolleyes2:

Thank you Randi for going through and getting the pups names. I was going to do that , but my little math students started to arrive, but I wanted to get the thought out there.
 
The different towns cars are different colors. Most staties have grey-ish or dark blue cars. There are a few with Chargers also (and a few large SUVs). I normally only see staties on the highway when I am coming down from the Farmington area of CT. In towns and on state roads you should definitely stay closer to the speed limit (that's where I see the majority of the police pull people over).

I think you might be okay with traffic. Most people are heading down to LI to go to Jones beach (which reminds me....I need to go there soon!), so you might not get any going north :wink2:
 
Just keep up with the traffic and you won't have any problems. Traffic gets up to 70 but I would advise you to stay in the right lane and go with the flow and not draw attention to yourself by flying up the passing lane. :no:

I was considering bringing my laptop w/web cam and wireless card, but I was also thinking how could I be polite and do laptop stuff also. :eek2:The rest of the members will have to wait till pics are posted.

15 people and 2 are vegetarians. So i'll bring 15 burgers and buns and a spatula.
 
Great, so I will look out for blue, gray and white cars haha. I'll stick to the right or middle lane and go with the flow of traffic. I'll be extra careful when I get off the exit. Sounds good.

Joe just picked up lots of hot dogs, so make sure you come extra hungry!
 
Northeast Get Together

The spot I am hoping to pick should have a nice breeze and according to the weatherman it is suppose to be comfortable plus the breeze off the water should be nice.:biggrin2:I am thinking on contacting the local paper and see if they would interested in doing a story on us sheltie people. What do you think?
 
I've not been tracking this thread...mostly because I'm jealous that you are actually pulling it off!

Have a fantastic time! We'll be living vicariously through you!
 
Back
Top