Piper update

I tried to clean his fur…I used some no rinse shampoo, I think it just made it worse. It’s just hot too much ‘stuff’ in it. From the food, blood (even using the no rinse he still has pink tinged fur) and now the vitamin E his fur is just a sticky mess. He needs a bath, that’s the only thing that’ll help.
On the plus side when I was doing a very quick brush I noticed he has a very neat trimmed poop chute…not done by me:lol:. Must’ve been done by the vet tech’s prior to his surgery. They did a very good job! I’m guessing they were worried about diarrhea post surgery and were being proactive!
Fortunately he didn’t have any but I’ll thank them when I see them next.

life is good when your dogs are asleep on the bed (sorry Blueberry….)
IMG_7039.jpeg​
 
I somehow lost a day….i woke up this morning thinking it was Friday…SURPRISE it’s Saturday :ROFLMAO:!
I think I exhausted myself with worry and then Piper requiring so much more help that the day’s became a blur lol!
I think we all had a better sleep last night though, Piper slept on the bed all night (I woke up at 6 am, patted him and fell asleep until 7:30)… I had to stay up until 1 am last night to give him his pill.
He’s a happy boy today…he got his pill and a few tablespoons of his breakfast and I just watched him walk away, go into the bedroom and jump on the bed:ROFLMAO:. Foods gone, so is he lol!
 
I use fresh n clean dog spray for freshening up :)

I hope you get some sleep soon!
I don’t think anything except shampoo and water would’ve gotten this mess out!
There was just too much gunk!
I only got 6 1/2 hours last night but felt more refreshed with him having been on the bed with me.
I’m sure once he’s on less pain meds I’ll get more sleep.
I’ll definitely look for that for easy clean ups.
 
Last edited:
Isn't it just the BEST thing when you see them do perfectly normal things like this after a health problem? :yes: Ten years off our lives, but for them it's like nothing happened!
Oh you’re so right Ann! Hard to believe it’s only been 4 days and he’s acting like himself again!

He slept for 2 hours this evening (on my bed). I kept quiet (relatively) and watched my football game and suddenly there he is…he really needed it!
 
It's really heart-warming for me to hear how well he's doing! Go, Piper!
Piper has amazed me as well Sharon! What surprises me even more is that I have only put the cone on him for maybe an hour on Thursday. Since then I’ve been using (initially) vitamin E on his stitches and now polysporin (it’s below his mouth where he can’t reach) and he’s not bothering with it at all! I did give him some small pieces of cucumber today and was happy to see him chew them! I know he’s still got his back molars but hadn’t seen him chew anything yet.
He is pretty special!
 
Back
Top