in AKC, dogs 14 and under jump 12. usually, you cannot start the guessing of height and weight until 8 weeks and up based off of the height chart, but some breeders can tell you a little better. Like, the one I am getting, the breeder already knows he'll be big, but, his mom is big so that's how she can also tell that. Even though she thinks that though does not mean it is going to happen. Some dogs grow fast and level out, some grow steady until they're a year or so.
. I get to make a 8 hr drive there sat. and turn around and come back sun for another 8 hr drive.
Good thing I've been on this breeder's list since she tried to impregnate my sable female. (4-5 years ago) This is her first litter in 10 years that produced more than one puppy (7 total). But I've known I wanted a puppy since the mother of the litter was a puppy. She has such an amazing personality, very playful and will do anything type of drive. Where the father is more serious and wants to do anything you tell him to do it. Both dogs have obedience titles, agility titles and rally titles.
My girl I have now, we never thought she'd be able to do agility yet alone dance on her hind legs. She broke her back leg completely in half when she was about 2 months old. Vets couldn't do anything but wrap it and pray that it healed itself. Luckily it did, but sometimes when she jumps she doesn't get the leg up high enough to clear the bar. But, if that is her only issue, I'm perfectly happy. 
