Southern Snow

LOL Denise I got tons of pics from my family members in Semmes today! She is beside herself excited! Never had that much snow at her house there in over 30 yrs. I was just chuckling away, native and semi native Tucsonans act the same way. Fil and Benny don't care one way or other about snow. Of course four inches was the most we got here.My last two loved to run in it.
 
LOL Denise I got tons of pics from my family members in Semmes today! She is beside herself excited! Never had that much snow at her house there in over 30 yrs. I was just chuckling away, native and semi native Tucsonans act the same way. Fil and Benny don't care one way or other about snow. Of course four inches was the most we got here.My last two loved to run in it.
yeah- everyone around here was blown away by the amount of snow we got in one day. completely unreal even for someone who grew up in the north.........
 
Hahaha loved the Dixie picture, sometimes ours can barely be seen under the snow coat and my bet is that they don't even know they have any snow on them. Love the Carolina biological supply ruler as well- brings back memories you can do metric or imperial-- double good.
 
I must say it made me chuckle because we get that much snow in a minor snowstorm but I know it’s all relative to what you’re accustomed to. I imagine people didn’t know how to drive in it and no one has snow tires! Bet there were lots of accidents. Good thing you get to stay home tomorrow!
We had blizzard warnings last Friday because of 90 kph winds and lots of 20-40 car pile ups…they’re still pulling cars out of the ditches. Stay home where it’s warm!
 
We measured 7" here. Second highest amount ever. Friend of mine in Lafayette got 10.5". It did not take long for Zulu figured out how to maneuver in the snow. He spent way more time than I expected in the snow. He also discovered that it was easier to hop than walk. It was really fun to see the neighbor's kids outside playing in the snow. First time for everyone young an old to experience this much snow here. They all had a blast! 9F this morning, so it will be around for at least another day. Back up in the 60's by Friday.
 
I think the pics of snow at the beach is really cool! How often does that happen in the South?? My husband was from Oregon's coast and saw snow occasionally, but that makes sense that far north...
snow on the beach- down here, pretty much never......
I get why people wanted to go see it and take pix but only the people who are here from the north have a clue how to drive in winter weather. but no snowplows or salt trucks impact how driveable the roads really are.........
 
I must say it made me chuckle because we get that much snow in a minor snowstorm but I know it’s all relative to what you’re accustomed to. I imagine people didn’t know how to drive in it and no one has snow tires! Bet there were lots of accidents. Good thing you get to stay home tomorrow!
We had blizzard warnings last Friday because of 90 kph winds and lots of 20-40 car pile ups…they’re still pulling cars out of the ditches. Stay home where it’s warm!
it's an unprecedented amount of snow for here. I ended up with 7" in my yard - not in a drifted area- that probably hit 12".
not too many accidents as there wasn't much traffic- all the news outlets and emergency people kept reiterating for people to stay home and declared all bridges impassable which makes it hard to get places. not going to get as warm as originally forecast today so snow will be here for a little.
 
We measured 7" here. Second highest amount ever. Friend of mine in Lafayette got 10.5". It did not take long for Zulu figured out how to maneuver in the snow. He spent way more time than I expected in the snow. He also discovered that it was easier to hop than walk. It was really fun to see the neighbor's kids outside playing in the snow. First time for everyone young an old to experience this much snow here. They all had a blast! 9F this morning, so it will be around for at least another day. Back up in the 60's by Friday.
Destin had to do a lot of hopping- being a smaller sheltie that snow was halfway to his shoulders. you could tell that he wanted to go but there was stuff touching his areas........
we're not supposed to get back to the 60s until Sunday
 
Back
Top