SheltieChe
Forums Sage
I looked at the video again. You are quite correct, he did give the dog a side kick, but more importantly, it was not obvious why he did so! There did not appear to be a reason for "correction", but as soon as he did it, the dog went ape. And then of course, the situation was getting out of control so he had no choice but do force the dog down.
I'm not sure what to think about this. I don't think CM is purposefully cruel, so what's the point of him instigating the behaviour? To get a good TV shot? I can't imagine that.
But let's go back to the question of an overly aggressive dog, and one that is capable of attacking humans.
How WOULD you go about calming that temperment? What WOULD Victoria do, for example?
Barb,
if you look carefully what had happened is CM with husky was closing on with BC owner, when they were almost across each other, husky made a stance- started eyeballing BC. That is when CM made his kick, as saying, " stop this behavior" to which husky answered" who the h... are you to kick me" and lunged for CM which took it as sign of aggression.
the only danger wire might not release in time