Vegas comes home

Status
Not open for further replies.
big hug for vegas

You are so wonderful!!!!
Little Vegas is sooo lucky.
I found a little sheltie boy a few weeks ago wandering around, and was soo tempted to keep him if I couldn't find the owners (no collar) but they saw me putting up signs so Ace went home.

Emergency food: I always try baby food. The stuff with puree meat in it.
I'm sure he's just scared, but poor little guy not eating is sad :( Good luck at the vets office!
 
Well he has had a fulfilling & busy day. I have no ideas to offer about his appetite,I would be asking here to if I had the same problem. But it is the way he has been conditioned,its a habit that has been instilled in him. It may take a bit for him to come around,and heaven knows he does not know what good food is,as he has been fed garbage.And that has done nothing for him in his developement of muscle & his tone,and growth as a puppy.

Does he take a treats? I ask, because Earnhardt will sometimes get in a mood,especailly hot days. But we sprinkle a freeze dried chicken treat,that we got for him from Halo. They are called Liv-A-Littles.

They are 100% white meat chicken.He loves them,and all it takes is one crumbled over his food,and he gobbles it all up.The Liv-a-Littles come in lamb,beef,salmon,whitefish.It or I should say about the only treat or additive that I have used here with great luck.It does need ot be ordered directly from Halo,or also QVC has bundle items.Just a thought~

It's not terribly expensive,considering I have had this jar now all summer,as only a piece or two is all it takes.it must be refridgerated though.

It is a good possibility that his coat has been burned,but somehow,I cannot even fathom imagining that a lady that did not like the "coloring" of this beautiful sheltie ,would even give him a second thought about bathing him.

But then again we will never know. I'm sure he lacks a great deal in the vitamin area of his diet,and probably is a main cause of the hair dryness.

Thinking of all of you,and we hope his vet appointment goes well tomorrow
 
Happy to hear that things are going pretty well with Newton. He's such a cute little guy. Maybe when he gets a little more settled his appetite will improve or the vet might be able to suggest something to stimulate his appetite.There's got to be something out there that will help,maybe just a multi-vitamin if he will take it. As far as his coat goes we both know what a poor diet can do to a coat. It sounds like his was pretty bad if he even ate. Fergus,Baxter and I wish Newton good luck on his Dr. visit tomorrow.
 
Ok, I just caught up with this as well.

Thank you for taking Newton in. What a pretty dog. I missed his age in the thread though. Is he still young?

You will do wonderfully well by him.

Good luck and I look forward to more pictures of him.
 
In a few posts I called him 17 months old, but I'm looking at his AKC registration form and he's 16 months old.

We've tried feeding him:
Ultra Max puppy kibble with or without gravy on it
Ultra Max puppy wet food
Yogurt
Beef hot dogs
Cheese
Chicken jerky treats
Moist n meaty dog food (ugh, but that's what they were supposedly feeding him)
Liver treats
salmon treats

He took some cheese from Alan today, and ate some of the moist n meaty mixed with chicken jerky and Ultra max kibble last night (maybe ate 1/4 cup total) The thing is he doesn't even SNIFF the food most of the time.
 
I hate Vegas is not eating, but hopefully he will become comfortable in his new enviroment and start. My parents sheltie is really picky when it comes to eating. I know I told you on the phone they have to make his food...which he loves. It is a homemade natural food so it has all of the supplements a dog needs. I can get you the recipe if you want it. I know it can be time consuming to make the food though!! Hopefully the vet will have better advice!! I am so happy Vegas has been blessed with such a wonderful new home!! Good Luck at the vet tomm!! I will be praying that poor little Vegas does not have heartworm...I can't believe they did not give her heartworm preventative...and that they blow dried Vegas's hair. I too am wondering if the previous owner may be experiencing a few health/mental problems. Besides praying for Vegas's health and contentment I will also be praying for that couple....sad situation even if their health is fine. Hope you are doing well!! God Bless :smile2:
 
OMG, little Newton is absolutely adorable. I'm sure he's a little nervous and therefore the lack of appetite, but I bet he'll be himself in no time. You were so kind to purchase him and save him from that man and his goofy wife!

I'm anxious to see what the vet says. I also seem to have missed your previous thread. Does he have known health issues? I've never seen such a tiny little sheltie, but he is just precious!

I hope Emma warms up to him soon too! He could use a friend!
 
Finally had a chance to look at the picture (your picture site is blocked at work unfortunately) and he's such a little cutie; and so small! You and Alan are angels for rescuing this poor guy from a home that didn't really want to see his beauty. I'll have to look at the new pictures later tonight.

Hopefully things will improve with his eating habits quickly.
 
If I said it once, I've said it a million times. I'll say it again. WHY WOULD SOMEBODY WANT TO THROW AWAY A PERFECTLY GOOD DOG?! :mad: ARG!

How did this man find your phone number/house by the way?! :eek2: That's very creepy. Besides the fact that he's having a hard time eating does he have anything else major wrong with him? He's so cute!

That was very nice of you to take him in, although I know he wasn't free. I really hope this man isn't going around scamming people using that trick. Like breeding dogs and then going to unsuspecting sheltie breeders and laying a guilt trip on them to scam them out of huge amounts of dollars.

In any case, Newton/Vegas is in a much better place now. I wonder if he's ever been in the same room with 8 other shelties before. :lol:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top