We are having food problems~

When was the latest Wellness buyout? This concerns me as I feed Wellness. How do you find out that information?

I was talking to Petsmart, and they told me. I didn't ask who or when, just about the receipe, did they change anything? The answer was no.

There is a 800 number on the bags of food for Wellness also for more info. I think I may have to call them. I love the food because both of mine love eating Wellness.
 
Trapp an finikey eating

Hi all I am new to the sheltie forum and I know Michele from Facebook. I just shared some information I learned not only 3 days before about some of the foods on the market and I was shocked at what these companies are doing to our babies in their pet food. I thought I was feeding really good natural food and low and behold my food of 15 years Pet Guard the first ingredients were Fresh chicken. After reading lots of articles I found out fresh chicken can mean anything from breast to beaks in other words the whole chicken including feathers , beaks, feet.

I found a great source for really good food that all the ingredients are high quality products and they ship directly to the door. It is not older than 6 weeks. I started my Sheltie Maddie and my cocker spaniel Bella who has skin issues and scratches all the time on this on Monday afternoon, and I know that Michele is starting Trapp and Jasper and Earnheart on it as well.

I just could not believe what was put in the foods of companies we all trusted and bought at places like Petco , Petsupermarket, and Pet Smart.

I hope to give great updates in the near future. Can't wait to see how Trapp does on it. My dogs almost devoured my hand when I first brought it out. Now they will even sit for it and do tricks for it. and their food is down all day. they picked it out when I mixed it and ate it first then the old stuff. Amazing

Glad to be asked by Michele to join this wonderful group I never new it existed.
 
Hi all I am new to the sheltie forum and I know Michele from Facebook. I just shared some information I learned not only 3 days before about some of the foods on the market and I was shocked at what these companies are doing to our babies in their pet food. I thought I was feeding really good natural food and low and behold my food of 15 years Pet Guard the first ingredients were Fresh chicken. After reading lots of articles I found out fresh chicken can mean anything from breast to beaks in other words the whole chicken including feathers , beaks, feet.

I found a great source for really good food that all the ingredients are high quality products and they ship directly to the door. It is not older than 6 weeks. I started my Sheltie Maddie and my cocker spaniel Bella who has skin issues and scratches all the time on this on Monday afternoon, and I know that Michele is starting Trapp and Jasper and Earnheart on it as well.

I just could not believe what was put in the foods of companies we all trusted and bought at places like Petco , Petsupermarket, and Pet Smart.

I hope to give great updates in the near future. Can't wait to see how Trapp does on it. My dogs almost devoured my hand when I first brought it out. Now they will even sit for it and do tricks for it. and their food is down all day. they picked it out when I mixed it and ate it first then the old stuff. Amazing

Glad to be asked by Michele to join this wonderful group I never new it existed.

Welcome to sheltie nation & forums! I know you will just love it here.I'm expecting to get my first bag possibly today,and I am in great hopes that this will fit the bill here.So yes I will give an update.

I did get the bags of Merricks,to be totally honest Trapp is not excited at all. The only way he is eating this,is to add a bit of canned to it. He almost acts if his mouth hurts.he gingerly picks up the tiny pieces of kibble,and sort of rolls it off his tongue.I have checked repeatedly in his mouth to see if I see anything out of the normal.But I see nothing.his teeth are brushed daily.Now it still could be something I am not seeing.

With recent events of Trapp & Jasper getting into trouble (music CD being chewed to small pieces,eating corners of throw rugs,probably poop eating that I do not see,me being away and working) the list is endless really.So we will get him checked out with bloodwork on monday,and if need be ex-rays again.

So it is off to the vet on Monday.Brian said this morning,he felt he needed to be checked out.
It is just not like him,to be so hesitant about food.I miss the days when he would spin circles to eat.

The other two,are very much liking the Merricks.But our decision right now to switch,has every thing to do with Trapp.
We need to now find out if something medically is going on with him.
 
Last edited:
Micheles sorry the Merricks did not work out and I am now wondering if when he did that eating of the cd case could he of swallowed some and something must be going on for sure. Since Jasper and Ernie like the food it must be something else besides food.

Welcome Ginger to our sheltie world.
 
Well I certainly hope that all goes well at the vet check up. Big hugs to all of you!

Thank you,I'm gonna need some prayers that my boy is ok.I'm worried sick about his behavior at meal times.

Other than that,he acts normal in every aspect.Very playful,he has no signs of being ill whatsoever.
 
Micheles sorry the Merricks did not work out and I am now wondering if when he did that eating of the cd case could he of swallowed some and something must be going on for sure. Since Jasper and Ernie like the food it must be something else besides food.

Welcome Ginger to our sheltie world.

Well I hate to think the thought,but it could very well be a problem.I've made a list of things we have noticed,so I have it for referance on Monday.Keep Trapp in a prayer please,he is going to be fine.
 
Back
Top