Westminster Kennel Club

HI barb the handler in the green is megan, connies daughter. She does a wonderful job showing the dogs and it shows in the dogs response to her :)
 
Ok - watched some more video from last year. Is it my imagination, or are some of the handlers pulling treats from their own mouths to treat the dogs?

Those tight suits the ladies wear are not conducive to deep treat pockets. And I kept seeing the handler's hands going up to their mouth then down to treat the pup! Am I imagining this?

Yuck! Sure hope it ain't liver treats! I hate liver! :razz:
 
There is a show on CNBC "American Originals: Westminster Dog Show"
- a profile of the Westminster Kennel Dog Show. I airs tonight ( Sat) @ 11pm EST.
 
Yep, those ARE treats being pulled from the handlers mouth! A friend of mine always recommended the hard cookie types because she said they didn't taste as nasty :x
I've never done that for mine though.... My suit usually has pockets, and I just line the pocket with a baggie and put the treats in there. I've found mine bate better for soft smelly food than hard treats anyway.
 
Yes it usually food in their mouths...I cant bring myself to do that although I do keep in my pockets and when I want to break a tiny piece off I will do it with my teeth...(but I usually use chicken or steak) so its atleast something I would want in my mouth!!:lol: no like liver..:dead: although when Im doing training I have been know to put a dog treat between my teeth while im fixing their legs or body so they keep their focus on my face and not try to attack my hands while im moving them.
 
I just watched the video from last year. It was a little confusing at the end, but what a gathered is the Best of Breed was with the tall older male handler in the white pants, and that Annie was the one was the one whose handler was wearing a turquoise suit and had long, reddish, curly hair?

Lovely! I picked her as a winner early on. And I loved the handler! (Connie?) She was the only one who actually smiled at her pup and looked like she was having fun!

There are some photos of Megan, Annie and Connie in my story about last year's Westminster, Barb, if you haven't seen it. It's a two-part on Sheltie Nation. Here's the link:
http://www.sheltienation.com/welcome_to_sheltie_nation/news/
Yes, Megan is Connie's daughter and handles for her whenever she can. She is just wonderful with the dogs--they have such a connection.
 
I'm not going to look at the result until the video is posted. Then I'll look! I like to guess the winners first!

I closed my eyes quickly as soon as I saw your post, so I did not read the winner!
 
Aaargh! Networks and Advertising!

I went onto the Westminister website to start looking at some of the breed video results, only to find out that certain "locations" are blocked from receiving the videos.

They were good enough to let me view the advertising for the video, then threw up a message that my location (i.e. Canada?) was blocked from receiving the transmission.

Has anyone else encountered similar? I've already emailed the WKC, Director of Communications. Of course, I don't expect any real answer.

I'm really mad! I was so looking forward to this. :mad:
 
Back
Top