Dog Names....

Have you thought about going into the world of fantasy for names? Who is your favorite author?

I was googling the history of fantasy novels and wikipedia reminded me of some of the early greats (of my childhood) Sword of Shinnara ; Lion, Witch, Wardrobe; Thomas Covenant, the originals when nothing had been done before and everything was new and fabulous and not over-commercialized with the big saga movies.

I have been watching our Star Trek & Star Tek next generation videos in marathon form. A million character names and places I would love to name little beasties.

Names are everywhere.

Goodness.....does anyone remember the name of the Skeltie in Anne Bishops books......It will come to me eventually, but I think a good name.....
 
Someone had to bring Grimm into this. I can't spell the wolf Wesen in Grimm, but I can spell Monroe. Barb, I would suggest having one or two names chosen so you can see which the pupster seems to like best.

Ok, I'm lost....what is Grimm? I'm so NOT into movies
 
Goodness.....does anyone remember the name of the Skeltie in Anne Bishops books......It will come to me eventually, but I think a good name.....

which one?
Ladvarian was the first mentioned...
then there were a whole bunch in the Shadow Queen and Shalador's Lady.
if you were getting a girl- Vai.....
and Khollie was the patchwork merle - sounds like a smerle to me:winkgrin:
 
OMG.....thanks everyone...so many good ideas....there are a couple that stand out. I think I'm close to a name, but keep the ideas coming
 
Ok, I'm lost....what is Grimm? I'm so NOT into movies

Grimm is a tv show where a guy finds out that all the Grimm fairy tales are true and that he/his family can see things like werewolves, etc....... and they protect normal people.
 
Grimm is a tv show where a guy finds out that all the Grimm fairy tales are true and that he/his family can see things like werewolves, etc....... and they protect normal people.

ok then, what is the name of the Big Bad Wolf (I'm pathetic that I don't know this TV series....I'm old)
 
OMG.....thanks everyone...so many good ideas....there are a couple that stand out. I think I'm close to a name, but keep the ideas coming

So excited to hear what you pick! I do recommend keeping a few in mind when you meat your puppy again, or even after you take him home, just so you know the name you've decided on will be right for the new baby.:smile2:

BTW, I have NO clue what TV show or move they'er talking about, so your not alone!:cool:
 
ok then, what is the name of the Big Bad Wolf (I'm pathetic that I don't know this TV series....I'm old)

I only watched a few episodes as it was scheduled at the same time as another show that I was already watching......
will have to let someone else chime in...............
 
"Kristie, I named Dixie's puppy that passed Noah because it means rest and comfort in hebrew."

Tabitha: sorry, fairly new to SN so I don't know exactly how to do the "copy & reply to" that I see here often.

But thanks for the info on the name Noah...that may actually move that up on the list! :smile2:

Losing Trace pretty much devastated me, so IF we get a little boy this summer "rest & comfort" will be very fitting.

Thank you
 
Back
Top